Here’s how to avoid it the next time you descale:
Instructions for Tassimo Red Light error
1. Take out the water filter. Descaling won’t work with the filter in there.
2. Mix up 500 mL of descaling solution in the water tank. You must have at least 500 mL of solution in there or it will run out and you’ll have to start over.
3. Put the cleaning disc into the machine and close it.
4. Put a bowl that will hold at least 500 mL into the machine.
5. This is the main thing: press and hold the brew button for at least 3 seconds. After 3 seconds the green and red lights will start flashing simultaneously – that indicates you’ve started the descaling cycle, which will run 500 mL of the solution thru the machine and into the cup. It goes slowly, in small bursts over about 20 minutes. When it’s done, the red light will go out.
Then flush out the machine by running lots of clean water thru it (per the manual), and put back the water filter. If you stop the machine before it’s done with the full cycle, you’ll have to start over.